SRB is having a challenge over at her blog called Who Needs It. It's all about De-Cluttering. I am a big SRB fan and in need of de-cluttering so I knew this was something I had to be part of, despite being a bad blogger for the past year.
The first step is to fess up to the clutter. Taking pictures of it not only works for showing all of you my clutter, but it also gives me a different perspective on the clutter. Instead of it just being what is always in the background that I never notice anymore, it brings it front and center and forces me to look at it in a different way. I actually sometimes do this when working on etsy orders. After working on it for a long time, it is not until I see it in a photograph that I really see it.
Okay, deep breath, here is the first picture...
It's ridiculous. I know. This is my dresser in the bedroom. Let's take a closer look at what we have here...
1. A random jewelry box that until now hadn't been opened for years. A container of hair ties that I do use every day. Behind those is so much randomness. Like Chuck E Cheese tokens.
2. Glow sticks because you never know when you may need some. Random CDs. Those can be found throughout my house.
3. Sports bras and socks. Why? BECAUSE MY UNDERWEAR DRAWER IS FULL OF BRAS THAT DON'T FIT. And why do I still have them? Because I can't admit I spent money on something I will never use. So they will sit there until they fit. (That will eventually happen, right?! Magic!)
4. Lotion and stain stick. I have a 3 year old. I need a stain stick available at all times.
5. This one makes me laugh. Hand weights covered in dust. 3 lbs and 5 lbs. They have not been touched since Jayden was born.
6. When I got my cancer diagnosis, a friend whose mother died from breast cancer gave me this bear. Someone gave it to her mom when she was diagnosed and she was passing it along to me. And then I was supposed to pass it along to someone else. But, I haven't and it just sits there. I feel like I shouldn't put it away somewhere and I haven't wanted to deal with it in any other way. But, it can't stay there. I just...don't know what to do with it. I need help with that one.
7. This shelf used to have something decorative on it, but now it's where we put things we don't want Jayden to get. From left to right: My deodorant, my head bands, permanent markers, Adam's deodorant, and a container with sharp things like tacks. I put the deodorant up high after Jayden rubbed it on his lego table. That table still has deodorant in the little grooves. It's impossible to clean.
8. Leftover decorations from Jayden's birthday. I have a problem with not knowing what to do with party stuff after the party is over. I have to figure out a solution. There are also sticks in there that I am trying to keep away from Jayden.
9. Dusty mirror that never gets used because I don't ever wear make up anymore. Or look in mirrors.
10. Basket of randomness.
Phew. That was exhausting. I think that's enough for now. I'm just dipping my toes in the de-cluttering challenge. If I don't die from the embarrassment of posting this, I will do it again.