Monday, September 12, 2011

My Blog Post One Year Ago

Tonight I went back and read my blog post from one year ago. I remember all the emotions so well. I was giddy with excitement while also scared to death it wasn't really going to happen. In fact, that scared feeling didn't go away until we were actually driving to the hospital to pick him up. I didn't really let myself feel the excitement until then.

Anyway, I decided to share this post with you.

Sunday, September 12, 2010:

I woke up this morning feeling a little nervous that maybe something had changed overnight.

But, as the day went on, and we received no phone call, I started to relax and let myself believe this is really happening!

We have done a lot of shopping....and cleaning....and hoping that this is finally it....

The baby's bed is all set up next to ours.

Going home outfit is washed and packed.

We have clothes, diapers, formula, bottles...everything all ready to be used. (It looks like a baby store exploded all over the house.)

Here is the plan:

8 AM- Call the pediatrician.
9AM- Call the agency to confirm all the hospital paperwork was faxed to them.
9:30 AM- Go to the bank to get ceritified check for full placement fee amount. Yikes.
10ish AM- Head to agency to start filling out paperwork.

After hours of paperwork torture....go to the hospital to pick baby up!!!

Then bring him home.....EEEEEK.

Can this really be happening?!

Oh, and we officially have a name picked out....

Jayden :)

7 comments:

  1. What an exciting wonderful year it has been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me wonder if my daughter's parents felt the same way before they picked her up (though they said that their feelings of uncertainty extended until they actually walked out the door with her). What a beautiful description, and what a beautiful day. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - one year later. I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember reading this post last year and being so excited for you. Congratulations on one year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm nearly in tears reading this... wow. What a fantastic year. What a fantastic kid! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have recently posted a blog as we have just passed the two year anniversary of meeting our two girls.
    Such an exciting but scary day.
    Congratulations one year on.

    ReplyDelete