Saturday, September 3, 2011

One Week From Today!!

Jayden's birthday party is one week from today! I can't believe it!!

I am so happy we were able to finalize our adoption before his party. We will be celebrating both his birthday and his adoption. So much to c-e-l-e-b-r-a-t-e!

I realized the other day when I got all the RSVPs that there will be more people at Jayden's party than there were at our wedding!

To those of you thinking it's too early to start first birthday preparations...if your child is born, it's not too early! haha. I wish I had started earlier. I underestimated how hard it would be to get things done with Jayden getting into everything!

Here are some more pictures of things I've been doing for Jayden's birthday party. Some people asked if I could give more details and instructions on how to make things, so I'm trying my best to do that.

Welcome sign:

I ordered an 8x10 of Jayden and glued it to a 12x12 scrapbook paper.
I used the 'Day At The Zoo' Cricut cartridge to do the "Welcome" at the top.
I used 'Create A Critter' Cricut cartridge to make the balloons.

The "It's My Party" letters at the bottom are stickers.
I added ribbon to the bottom of the balloon stickers.


These pictures are awful, but this is another decoration I made:




I traced a bunch of circles on paper using a roll of masking tape as the circle.
I cut the circles out by hand with scissors.
I stamped animals on to each circle.
Punched small holes at the top and bottom of each circle.
Tied them all together.




Over the next week, I will posting a lot more party preparations!

4 comments:

  1. *sniffles* I can't believe this handsome little boy is going to be a year old. =) You did a fantastic job on these decorations, Mama <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he is one already! You are NUTS with the decorations, lol. I totally failed my boys. Going to have to get some tips from you when Bella turns one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are so crafty/creative! I'm happy for you that you got that finalization done before his birthday. It just helps to make the party even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my heart-- the animals for the "Welcome" look AMAZING. Go cricut!

    ReplyDelete