Friday, March 18, 2011

Healthy

Jayden had his six month well visit with the pediatrician last night.

I found myself getting emotional while the doctor talked to us about how Jayden is doing. She was talking about how healthy and strong he is and how he's hitting all his milestones early.

I won't go into detail on why, but we went into this adoption fully prepared for possible health problems, delays, or special needs. I worried at every appointment. I worried when he was slow to put on weight. I worried that they were watching how his head was growing. I worried about everything.

To then go to our six month appointment and have our doctor go on and on about how well he is doing made me get tears in my eyes.

This little tiny person has overcome so much and is doing so well. It's amazing.

I am so thankful.


Jayden destroying the place as we wait for the nurse to come back in and give him shots.

12 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! He's pretty much a rockstar, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand what a relief it is to have the doctor pronounce them healthy. I also went into Mea's adoption prepared to expect for delays, and problems.

    I still sometimes hold my breath when we go in for check up's just because I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

    Then I look at that crazy smart girl, and just shake my head...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news! I'm so happy to hear the relief in your voice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that he is doing so well. He really shows his joy in his eyes. You have obviously given him exactly what he needs to thrive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! I know what you mean, I was prepared for all sorts of health issues and delays but Elfe is super healthy and way ahead of most kids her age. Hope the good health continues for you and Jayden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're doing a great job, mama!

    So glad to hear everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me so happy. Happy for you and for Jayden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa- I've kindof been stalking your site, read through ALL the archives. Jayden is ADORABLE. So happy for you and Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is SO adorable! I'm so glad he's doing so well, yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! Visiting from ICLW! I'm so glad your little one is right on track and healthy! We are currently pursuing domestic adoption. I look forward to reading more about your story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure that must have been such a joyous relief! He is the cutest little boy I've ever seen. So very happy to hear he is thriving. You're a wonderful mama!

    ReplyDelete