I've been enjoying reading everyone else's 99 Things this week.
Instructions: The post is a list of 99 things you could have done, and you are supposed to bold the ones that you yourself have done.
1. Started your own blog Really happy that I did.
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band- Does RockBand count? How about middle school band? haha
4. Visited Hawaii- I would love to.
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity- Well, I guess I could afford it if I gave it. Although even when I was in college and had no money, I gave to the gorilla foundation as often as I could.
7. Been to DisneyWorld
8. Climbed a mountain- More hiked than climbed.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo- Only on RockBand and even that is terrifying.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - I taught myself cake decorating. Not sure if that really counts.
15. Adopted a child- I AM TRYING!!! haha
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked- Not really hitch hiked, but in high school my friend and I got in a car with a stranger. I know, it's bad. She was a mom though and had a car seat in the car. One of our parents brought us to the wrong school for a meeting and we had no cell phone or any way of calling our parents, so we asked one of the moms if she would take us to the school we were supposed to be at. After she took us, she gave us a long lecture about never getting in the car with a stranger again.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort- We used to build the best snow forts!!
25. Held a lamb- that's random
26. Gone skinny dipping- It's fun :)
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa- I would love to go on an African safari
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - Adam and I LOVE to go to the drive-in. That and swimming are the only things I like about summer.
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies- When I was out selling girl scout cookies as a kid, I told myself that when I was an adult, I would always say yes if someone came to my house selling them. And I do. :)
62. Gone whale watching- I went for the first time this past summer and it was so much fun. I loved it!
63. Got flowers for no reason- A couple months ago one of the parents gave me flowers for no reason :)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma- They don't let me because I had problems with anemia in the past.
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - No, but I did visit the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam and that was a powerful experience.
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar- It does not sound good to me.
72. Pieced a quilt- I wish I knew how to make a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone- I broke my wrist in 6th grade (My sister and I are still not in agreement as to how it happened), I broke one foot in high school gym class when I jumped in the pool (They wanted to take me across the school in a wheel chair in my bathing suit..could you imagine?!?! I refused!), I broke the other foot in college when I was sleep walking, and I broke a toe when I kicked my brother when I was about 21 or 22 (He deserved it!)
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car- We only buy used.
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- Gross. If everyone had to do this in order to eat meat, a lot less people would be eating meat.
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous – Poe, Mandy Patinkin, and some people from RENT who I consider to be famous.
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby :(
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone- I got my very first cell phone just this past summer!! Adam still has never owned one.
99. Been stung by a bee