Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

Yesterday somebody commented on my blog post from a year ago and it made me go back and read it. I really liked it, so I am going to post it again. I remember how truly thankful I felt as I wrote this list. What a difference a year can make.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

I am Thankful

I am thankful for Adam. We have been through a lot in the past nine years and he has been amazing through it all. He deserves his own post.

I am thankful for my cats. I love my babies so much.

I am thankful that my family can get together and have a really good time together. Interesting conversations, lots of laughter, and so much fun. I am really looking forward to all of us being together at Christmas.

I am thankful that my parents live only 20 minutes away and we see them on a regular basis. I am also thankful that Adam enjoys spending time with my parents.

I am thankful for my doctor. She was stuck giving me my biopsy results over the phone, but she did a good job. She gave me her personal cell phone number to call her if I needed to talk about it more. How many doctors are willing to do that? Then she sat down and talked to me right before my D&C surgery and made sure I was okay. I had tears streaming down my face during the entire conversation, but she made me feel like I would be okay no matter what happened next. She is really supportive and I feel like she is doing everything she can for me.

I am thankful that we have medical insurance. We are very lucky.

I am thankful that I was able to start a business from home so when our baby comes, I will be home with him/her.

I am thankful for all the parents and children I work with. They are really good people. I am lucky.

I am thankful that I have a mom that I can tell anything to and who is always there for me. She is my best friend.

I am thankful for my adoption friends. It is so nice to have people who really understand. They are so supportive and even though they have already adopted, they are still there for me. They are still giving me pep talks and reminding me that my time will come.

I am thankful for our house. It took us a long time to save up and buy a house. It's not big or fancy, but I would not trade it for any other house in the world. I love it.

I am thankful for all my twitter friends. So much love and support. So many laughs. I love you all.

I am thankful for Facebook for helping me keep in touch with old friends. Even if it is sometimes hard to look at baby bumps, sonograms, and birth announcements everyday.

I am thankful for my TiVo. I love it. I am sorry if that is too materialistic, but I do. Also, my lap top.

I am thankful that my sister and brother married awesome people. And that all 6 of us can get together and have the BEST time together. I just wish it could happen more often!!

I am thankful that Adam and I chose adoption. That we are homestudy approved and it's only a matter of time before our baby finds us.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. And this year, you have one more thing to be thankful for. :) I hope Baby J is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last sentence of this post gave me chills.
    "I am thankful that Adam and I chose adoption. That we are homestudy approved and it's only a matter of time before our baby finds us."

    Thank you for reposting this entry.

    Have a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post - only a matter of time before little Jayden came home... Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww...i love how a year can change so much, and that even during such a difficult time you were able to be thankful for everything around you.

    you are truly blessed to have this outlook on life. i wish more people did...including myself sometimes;)

    your family sounds awesome, and look at your bubby! he is tres adorable. i LOVE looking at his pictures:)

    <3
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. This is our first Thanksgiving with our adopted daughter too and to say we're thankful for how different it is this year is the worlds greatest understaement!

    Hope you and your gorgeous new son have a perfect Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your little bundle of joy!!!

    Your cats are very cute!!!

    Happy ICLW!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the positive post! Congrats on your baby! Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here from ICLW :) Thanks for this post. I think gratitude and being thankful are so important to keeping ourselves sane. It's beautiful that you posted you list from last year, and to see that though you were still waiting, you have finally found your son. Congratulations on your beautiful family. Sending prayers and best wishes for every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely- its so nice to not only KNOW what we are thankful for, but to also articulate it- it helps double the joy I think. Congratulations to you and your beautiful family.

    Btw- I'm compiling a directory of mommy-bloggers if you're interested in being in it, please check it out.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete