Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An Answer (Although Not the One I Was Hoping For)

I heard from our adoption agency about an hour ago. They said we weren't chosen. The expectant mother picked another couple. They didn't have any information about why the other family was chosen. Sometimes it helps to hear why, but I guess it doesn't matter. There was just something about them that she connected with.

My e-mail isn't working so I am going to wait to tell Adam. I don't want to call him. He's been working 7 days a week with long hours. He hasn't had a day off since the super bowl and just found out this morning that he has to work again this weekend. So, the last thing he needs is me calling him with bad news.

Anyway, I don't really have a lot to say about it. Just feeling heartbroken. Glad I have a couple hours until the kids get off the bus so I have time to cry by myself.

9 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. I'm praying for you and Adam. Your baby is still waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry. I remember what it was like when our profile was presented a few times and not to be chosen.

    One of the things I think you really have to believe is that when the right situation comes along, it will and not only that, that you and your child will find each other. Sometimes its when you least expect it.

    I wish I had some type of advice for you. I find it troubling that the agency you are with wants you resign with them under higher prices when you have been on the waiting list two years. I do not know what their average wait time is, but two years is max with most agencies. I would ask to resign under the old financial contract since you have yet to be matched with a potential birth mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I am so sorry. I agree with BeautifulWreck, you should be asking your agency some hard and direct questions...maybe think about switching agencies if that is even possible? I don't know enough about how things work with domestic adoption...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry to hear that! You're baby is still out there, I'm sure you'll find him or her soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish that I could give you a hug in person right now <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, What can I say? What can anyone say? I'm sorry. All the cliches (It's not your time; It will happen when it's supposed to happen; etc.) don't help at all at a time like this. Even though they're true. I'm so sorry for your disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so so sorry. I wish there was more I could say or do. *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa-- I am so so sorry! I know you will get your little one soon. I wish there was something I could do to speed it up or make it happen now. Remember, we are all here for you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so very sorry. :( *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete