Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another Thing Checked Off My Summer Stress List

I got a call from the parent who came for the tour yesterday and she wants her kids to come here!! YAY! So, I can officially relax about not having enough kids in my before and after school program this Fall. I was looking to fill about 3 spots and with this one family two spots are now filled. It's a huge relief.

Almost every family that comes to my house for a tour ends up choosing to send their child here for childcare. Only two families have ever chosen somewhere else instead. One time it was because they wanted a religious program and that is not me. The other time it was because they wanted me to agree to watch their baby if they got pregnant again and I said no. So.....it hit me today how funny it is that a lot of families want to send their children here for childcare, but no expectant mothers ever pick us!!! I should start giving tours of my house to expectant mothers! haha

Now I just need to find out why our social worker still has not called to set up an appointment for our renewal home visit. All our paperwork has been in since August 6. Our homestudy expired August 12.

It would be nice to have the visit while the house is still clean from the tour ;)

Summer Stress Checklist:

Family Reunion
My parents long vacation (take care of cats & house)
Change our profile
Homestudy Paperwork
Physical
Garage Sale
New kids for before/after school program
Social Worker Home Visit

5 comments:

  1. Yay Lisa, that is so awesome that she called back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - you have got so much knocked off of your summer stress list...one more and stress free right?? lol

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - congratulations! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! I am so happy that you were able to cross this off your list :)

    ReplyDelete