Monday, April 19, 2010

Meatless Monday: Bean Quesadilla


It's Meatless Monday!!!

Click these links for more information:

This week's Meatless Monday meal is an easy bean quesadilla. The kids have off from school this week, which means I will be working long hours, so I won't have a lot of time for cooking.

There are a lot of choices for what you can put into your quesadilla. What I usually do is put beans, green chiles, and cheese between two tortillas. Then I heat a pan with some olive oil. Then put the quesadilla in the pan and cook each side until the tortillas are crispy and the cheese inside is melted.

You can use any kind of bean you like. I usually use Ortega Refried Fat Free Beans.


Of course you could cook your own pinto beans and mash them, but I am going for easy here. I sometimes make it with black beans instead.

I usually use the ortega fire roasted green chiles and cheddar or pepper jack cheese.

I use the MexAmerica flour tortillas. Although the wheat or corn ones are healthier.

Once it is cooked, cut it up into slices and serve it with salsa, rotel, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, gaucamole, hot sauce...whatever you like.


3 comments:

  1. Yum! Don't even talk to me about Mexican food. I would seriously eat Mexican every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't eaten lunch yet and this post just made me so hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY!!! Love Mexican food :-)

    ReplyDelete