Thursday, April 29, 2010

Waiting for the Phone to Ring

It's been two weeks since we got the call from our adoption agency about the profiling opportunity in Indiana. The expectant mother is due May 10 so I thought we would have heard something by now.

We have tickets to see Pearl Jam May 10. I would be more than happy to not go to the concert if it meant we were traveling to Indiana to get our baby. I hate that if we aren't chosen, I know I will be sad that day when we go to the show. Everytime we get a call, the due date always sticks in my head and I think about it when that day comes.

In the past two weeks I have e-mailed three times and called twice trying to find out some information. Like whether or not she has seen the profiles yet. I have gotten no response, which just makes me more anxious. (I got the impression that the person we usually work with was on vacation last week.) Even if they haven't heard anything from Indiana, I would appreciate them saying that. Not hearing anything back from them makes me think someone else was chosen and they are working out the details with them before calling the rest of us.

Have I ever mentioned that I hate waiting?

Twenty one months of this has turned me into a crazy person.

8 comments:

  1. It seems slightly obnoxious that they wouldn't at least give you a courtesy call saying, "Look, we still haven't heard anything, but we want you to know that we will call you as soon as we know." I'm so sorry you have to go through MORE waiting. I hope you hear something very soon.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awful that they haven't even responded to your correspondence! Can you go up the chain to talk to someone else? I really hope you talk to someone soon - AND that they have wonderful news for you!

    On another note - love Pearl Jam! If you go to the concert (hope you don't!) I know you'll enjoy seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they should be polite enough to let those that weren't picked know! I hope you get a call soon and you are pleasantly surprised with the call! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, this would drive me nuts too. I mean, you're paying this agency! They need to improve their customer service skills. Geez. I hope you can still find a way to rock out to Pearl Jam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe they havne't gotten back to you. I mean, you ARE paying them.

    That would drive me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I hope you hear something soon. I would be going CRAZY right now. They could at least send you a courtesy email of phone call saying they don't have any new information. Sending hugs your way that you hear some good news soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How frustrating that they haven't even called to let you know that they haven't heard anything. I hope that you hear something soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about your frustration and the waiting time for Indiana. Please keep us updated. I pray that you receive a call soon (TODAY) with great news!

    ReplyDelete